Mission of the Network:
To be a driving-force of system changes in order to ensure the rights and the best interests for every child in Ukraine.
Ukrainian Child Rights Network is a representative, expert and coordination body, formed by a group of NGOs during 2014 in order to strengthen child rights protection in Ukraine. The organization was created to consolidate efforts, and to improve coordination within civil society in Ukraine and its influence on public policy in the field of child rights.
The relevance of NGOs association was defined by the events of winter 2013-2014, which led to change of power in Ukraine and gave new hope to the society on civilized pro-European development of the country. And at the same time, further situation in Ukraine increased challenges in the sphere of child rights protection.
The purposes of the Network establishment are to ensure child rights realization in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child, to introduce international and European standards by enhancing the impact of civil society on development, implementation and monitoring of the state policy in the sphere of child rights and social services for families with children in Ukraine.
The mission is to promote the best interests of the child during state policy formation by means of advocacy, lobbying reforms of social services, decentralization, and development of the national monitoring system, representation in the government of our interests and of the interests of children and their families.
Today among members are 9 powerful Ukrainian and international organizations and charity funds that work across Ukraine to ensure the rights and welfare of the child:
- All-Ukrainian Charity «Child Well-being Fund Ukraine»
- All-Ukrainian Non-governmental Organisation League of Social Workers of Ukraine
- Ukrainian Non-governmental Organisation «Magnolia»
- International Charitable Organisation «Charitable Foundation «SOS Children Village»
- Partnership for Every Child in Ukraine
- The Ukrainian Foundation for Public Health
- Hope and Homes for Children in Ukraine
- German-Polish-Ukrainian Society in Ukraine
- All-Ukrainian Charity Rinat Akhmetov’s Foundation